What Data Can I Pull With Daily Project Reports?
These Daily Project Reports can be used to solve lots of different problems. In addition to adding new data sources like the weather, we've built this feature to work with our existing features of timekeeping, daily sign-offs, and photos and notes. Daily project reports can be created by anyone. They are generated with data that the user has access to and additional notes, photos, and signatures can be added to the report. These reports can then be shared within the company and can also be shared outside the company via text message, email, Google Drive, etc.
This feature is designed to make it easy for someone to create a daily project report. We pull in all the data we have access to for the project for that day, and then allow for flexible additions to the data. We also allow for total customization by allowing for turning on and turning off each section as well as allowing for the creation of custom sections.
Notes: Daily Project Reports are currently available through the busybusy mobile time keeping apps only. The reports are saved within the Daily Project Reports section as pdf's. Daily Project Reports cannot be edited once created. You cannot access these saved reports via the web/desktop, only through the mobile apps.
How to Create Your First Daily Project Report
- Open your busybusy mobile app and go to Projects
- Select a project you'd like to create a daily report on
- Select "Daily Reports"
- Select "Create Report"
The next screen you will see a list of sections that are ON by default. The only section that is OFF by default is the "Subproject Summary." The default list of sections that are ON are:
- Weather- When selected, you can add a comment to this section. (if the project does not have a saved geolocation, the weather section will not be included in the report unless you use your current device's location. You will see this option once you select "Preview Report")
- Progress Summary- When selected, you can add comments and photos and take a new photo. (taking a new photo through this section will ONLY attach it to the report.)
- Employee Summary- When selected, you can add a comment to this section
- Cost Code Summary (if enabled in Company Settings)- When selected, you can add a comment to this section
- Equipment Summary (if enabled in Company Settings)- When selected, you can add a comment to this section and document the pieces of equipment that were on-site. (equipment documented here doesn't include any equipment hours on this report. It's a simple documentation of equipment on-site.)
- Safety- When selected, you can add a comment to this section and add photos and take a new photo. (taking a new photo through this section will ONLY attach it to the report.)
- Sign-Off- You will not see this section until you select "Preview Report" and select the "Sign" button at the bottom of the report.
Customizing Your Daily Project Report
Select the Gear icon on the top right of the screen to begin customization. Here you will see additional fields which are: Theme, Subproject Summary and the blue + icon to create a custom section. Listed below are the different items you can customize within each section.
- Theme- When selected, you can change the theme color of the report. Choose over 24 different colors.
- Weather- When selected, you have the option to hide this section on your report and to adjust the 3 different times within the 3 columns.
- Progress Summary- When selected, you have the option to deactivate this section
- Employee Summary- When selected, you can deactivate this section or deactive each particular column: Injured, Time Correct, and Hours
- Cost Code Summary (if enabled in Company Settings)- When selected, you can deactivate this section or deactivate each particular column: Description, and Hours
- Equipment Summary (if enabled in Company Settings)- When selected, you can deactivate this section or deactivate each particular column: Make/Model, Operator, Hours
- Subproject Summary- When selected, you can activate it by turning ON the toggle switch. (you'll be able to add a comment to this section once its turned on)
- Safety- When selected, you can deactivate this section by turning OFF the toggle switch.
- Sign-Off- When selected, you can deactivate this section and edit the Signature Text. By default, the text will read, "I certify that this report is correct to the best of my knowledge."
The last button is shown below.
Selecting the blue + icon will allow you to create a new section with custom inputs. You will be able to add a Title to the section which is required, and decide what you want this section to include: Comments, Photos & Notes and a Signature. You can add as many sections as you would like.
Notes: Any customizations aren't synced, stored or controlled by Company Settings. The customizations a user decides to make for their report will be persisted for the next time they want to make a report. These customizations aren't shared in any sort of template like system. It's up to the creator of the reports to decide what to include/exclude.
Saving Your Daily Project Report and Sharing it!
Once you're satisfied with your report, you're ready to sign off on it (if Sign-Off is enabled) and save/share it.
- Select "Preview Report"
- Select "Sign" to sign off on the report (if enabled). You can share and save your report without signing electronically.
- To save the report, select "Submit" (you can share it after submitting the report by clicking on the pdf report and selecting the share icon)
- Select the share icon if you want to share it without saving it. (share via text, email, and other 3rd party apps)
Deleting Daily Project Reports
In order to delete Daily Project Reports, you need to have the ability to "Edit Time For" the creator of the report. Simply click on the PDF report and select the Trash Bin icon to delete.
Accessing Daily Project Reports
- From the mobile app, go to Reports
- Select the Project you'd like to view Daily Project Reports
- Select "Daily Reports"
- You'll be taken to "Todays" reports for the specific project you selected. Use the left/right arrows to jump through different days.
With any further Questions or Comments, please feel free to contact our Customer Service Team.
For Live Chat, click on the chat icon on the lower right of this screen.
Prefer speaking to us? We'd love to hear your voice! Give us a call at 855-287-9287