This guide is for Android, for iOS click here.
This guide will help you prevent employees from using a busybusy Kiosk device for anything other than the busybusy app in Kiosk Mode. We accomplish this by locking down the device using a system setting called "Screen Pinning".
What is Screen Pinning?
Screen Pinning keeps an Android phone or tablet in a single app. Setting up Screen Pinning is not difficult but the instructions for your specific device may be slightly different depending on the device manufacturer. The following instructions are for Android 9 (Pie).
- Go to Settings > Security & location > Advanced > Screen Pinning
- Turn on Screen Pinning
- Enable Ask for PIN before unpinning (Recommended). This is the PIN used to unlock the device.
You are now ready to use Screen Pinning!
- Open the busybusy app.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen into Overview mode.
- Tap the busybusy icon at the top of the app.
- Tap Pin
You have now Pinned the busybusy app. This will prevent employees from using the device for anything other than busybusy.
You can now start Kiosk Mode from the side nav menu in busybusy and then you can configure the Kiosk how you want it to be configured. When configuring Kiosk Mode you set up a PIN that will be required for anyone to leave Kiosk Mode. (Note that the Kiosk Mode PIN is not necessarily the same PIN that is used to turn off Screen Pinning.) This prevents employees from accessing any other features within busybusy. At this point the device is now ready for employees to use. Success!
To Stop Using Screen Pinning
To end Screen Pinning
- Press and hold the ‘Back’ and ‘Home’ buttons at the same time.
- If you configured Screen Pinning to require a PIN before unpinning, the device will display the lock screen.
- The Screen Pinning has ended.
Need additional help?
For further assistance, and instructions for setting up Screen Pinning for Android devices using 8.1 or earlierthis support page should be helpful, https://support.google.com/android/answer/6118421?hl=en If you have further questions, please contact our customer support.