Note: This feature is only available from the mobile apps on iOS and Android
Area-Based Reminders use the users GPS location to create a Geofence when they clock in or switch to another project. This feature is on by default with a Geofence of 100 meters in diameter. The Geofence diameter can be enlarged up to 1,000 meters.
Once the Geofence has been set, the user will get a push notification to their mobile device once they leave the Geofenced area asking them if they would like to clock out.
How to Customize The Area-Based Reminders:
- From the dashboard, click on the blue Clock In button (need to be clock out)
- Select the gear icon on the top right of screen (iOS devices will need to select the "Options" button on the bottom of the screen)
- You can turn off/on the clock in & out reminders & select the size of the geofence
- Hit "Save" on the top right of screen
- Clock Out notifications aren't provided when someone else clocks in an employee
- Clock Out notifications aren't provided when a "Clock In At" occurs
- Admins, managers or other higher personnel cannot customize these settings for other users as this feature relies on data from the users local device.
- If you are currently clocked in and would like to customize the Area-Based Reminders without clocking out, go to your dashboard and hit the Switch button. Then continue on Step #2. Make sure to exit out of the "Switch" screen so that you don't switch to a new project.
With any further Questions or Comments, please feel free to contact our Customer Service Team.
For Live Chat, click on the chat icon on the lower right of this screen.
Prefer speaking to us? We'd love to hear your voice! Give us a call at 855-287-9287