If you are receiving this error while installing a new version of QuickBooks on your computer then most likely the file path was changed during your efforts and it created this error. Don’t worry, we can help you fix it! Just follow these steps below…
Note: this issues is with the QuickBooks web connector setup. While these problems are not bugs with the busybusy™ app, QuickBooks integration will not work until the setup problems are resolved.
You will need to open QuickBooks. In the top left corner, click “File” and select “Update Web Services”.
- If you already know the correct file path and file name, simply rename the connector file to the original filename and make sure the file is placed in the same directory as before.
- Warning: do not delete or rename any other files in your Windows Registry. This can irrevocably harm your computer.
- If you don't remember the file name and path, you can easily look it up in the Windows registry.
- Right-click the start menu and click ‘Run'
- Type ‘regedit’ in the search box and click 'Ok'.
- Navigate to 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Intuit/QBWebConnector/SOAPWebServices/busybusy/' and write down the file name and path located in variable ‘CompanyFile'.
- Rename the Quickbooks file path accordingly. Open the file in QuickBooks and run web Connector again.