In 2020.6 we've added support for a California break compliance question in the Daily Sign-Off. This question provides documentation that employees have taken their required breaks each day. We've also added the ability for employees to add breaks when they clock out if they've forgotten to record those breaks. Finally, even for customers that aren't looking specifically for California break policy, we've added the ability to include a customizable company break policy question in the Daily Sign-Off.
To support the new break questions added to Daily Sign-Off, we've also added support to be notified if any employees didn't take their breaks for the day, and included a report to view all the submissions. The "Break Hours" report has also been updated to show missing breaks for California compliance. This should make it easy to spot any issues with employees missing breaks and it's a great place to add any missing breaks.
You can enable this new break policy question by navigating to
"Settings" -> "Company Settings" -> "Daily Sign-Off" from the side menu in the busybusy app.
2020.5 on iOS includes a new report section within the Equipment list. This new “Reports” tab on the footer at the bottom of the page adds two fantastic reports to help you manage your equipment:
* Hour Meter Summary: View the current hour meter reading for your entire fleet of equipment. Tap on each equipment to see the history of submitted hours.
* Hours - Machine vs Operator: Compare the machine's hour meter to the hours clocked by the operator. This report provides an efficiency report for each machine. This report supports Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Pay Period, and custom date ranges. Tap on an equipment to see a breakdown for each day, and an option to view all the operator hours and machine hours.
In this release, we've greatly improved performance for our activity reports and when viewing report details and time entries. These changes are designed to improve performance for supervisors and managers.
We've released two new Employee analysis reports :
• "Started before" will show each employee that clocked in before a specific time on each day.
• "Ended before" will show each employee that clocked out before a specific time.
These times can be configured in the employee analysis report settings.
For our Daily Project Reports - we've added support for metric units for the weather summary. This can be customized for each daily project report.
Our 3rd major release of 2020 brings some exciting changes.Equipment can now be managed right from within the timekeeping app. Manage your fleet without leaving the app with the new Equipment section in the side nav menu. Quickly add new equipment to your fleet and select Equipment to view its own dashboard with hours reports, cost reports, the latest status, last location and more.
The map report has been updated to offer the latest location breadcrumb available for each Employee. Toggle between “Current Locations” and “Clock In Locations” to quickly track where your crew started their workday and where they’ve been most recently.
2020.3 also improves performance. We’ve improved the loading time for supervisors that edit and manage other employees’ time entries.
In the last release we brought you the new Daily Project Reports that you can use to auto-generate detailed reports for your jobsites. These PDFs are easy to share, customizable, and let you report the job conditions for the day such as weather, equipment, hours, photos and notes, and more!
In this release, we’ve now added support to prompt supervisors (or any positions you choose) when they clock out to create daily project reports for the projects they worked on that day. This setting can be turned on in the Position settings accessible from your company settings.
Another great feature for this release is the new Break Hours Report. This report makes it easier to manage the break time for your guys in the field. See how much break time everyone has for the day and add any missing breaks easily.
busybusy now supports iOS Dark Mode!
By default, we’ll follow iOS system settings for Dark Mode, but optionally you can toggle between light and dark modes in your busybusy Settings.
Also new to busybusy: Daily Project Reports! Easily create and share a PDF daily report for any project including the following sections :
Cost Code Summary
We make building the report fast and easy by automatically adding time, weather, daily sign offs, and letting you select the photos and notes already added to the project by other employees.
Entirely customize your PDF reports by including just the sections you care about. You can also add custom sections to each report, add photos, notes, and signatures to your custom sections.
When your report is ready to share, you can email, text, or send to any 3rd party apps that support PDF’s. You can also save them to the project within busybusy so they can be viewed or shared later.
To get started, navigate to a project and tap on “Daily Reports”.
We’ve further optimized our GPS use by reducing the times we ask the device for it’s location. We still provide the same location data, but we now do so in a more efficient way!
Employees can now update their descriptions for work done earlier in the day. Switching projects or clocking out no longer prevents employees from updating their descriptions.
This release we’ve also improved the account creation process.
Additionally, account owners can now transfer their busybusy account to any other admin with a verified email address.
As the 8th major release of 2019 we’ve added notifications on Safety Sign Offs and Time Accuracy Sign Offs.
These notifications are triggered each time an employee reports an injury or reports that their time isn’t accurate. The notifications will only go to those with sufficient permission and only to those that have subscribed to or been assigned to receive the notifications.
We’ve also added Photo customizations - employees can choose to upload photos on “Wifi Only” to save on cellular data usage. Also, users can select between medium quality or high quality when uploading images. Choose “Medium” sized images to upload faster and use less data, or choose “Large” to upload larger images that upload slower and use more data.
This release also includes updates to better support iOS 13, including updates to location services and bug fixes.
Kiosk is here! The 7th major release of the year brings Kiosk to busybusy. With Kiosk you can easily turn your device into an on-site punch clock where employees can easily clock in and out of a job.
Kiosk is super customizable and can be used to :
• Verify employees are on the job with Photo Verification and or PIN entry.
• Pre-select Job Costing. Ensures Project, Cost Code and/or Equipment are automatically tagged to any time action on the Kiosk.
• Filter employees, projects, cost codes, or equipment to the Kiosk.
Additionally, we have a new Kiosk Photo Report that analyzes the photos employees submit and compares them with their profile picture.
• Quickly see if anyone is buddy punching their time.
• Easily update profile pictures from recent Kiosk actions.
• Access the Kiosk Photos from the Kiosk itself using your supervisor PIN or from the Reports menu.
Kiosk also plays nicely with the rest of busybusy! Employees that clock in or clock out using Kiosk can still be managed using the rest of busybusy INCLUDING the new supervisor tools.
In addition to Kiosk, we’ve also added a new Cost Code dashboard to busybusy. Quickly see who’s clocked into a particular cost code. See projects the cost code has been added to, and quickly see the total hours and total cost.
For the 6th major release of 2019 we've added a new section to the app that we are excited to share with you!
Supervisor Tools is full of new useful features. You can see it in the side nav menu if you have permissions to supervise other employees.
• Easily add & remove teammates to your crew. Employees can belong to more than one supervisor's tools. This helps you when your team grows and shrinks out in the field.
• Timers : A simple interface to perform time actions for anyone on your crew. Individual actions are faster, but group actions are also still available.
• Entries : See the time entries of everyone on the team in a new combined view that makes it easy to make edits to groups of time entries. Split time entries, copy time entries too tomorrow, and add or remove employees to groups of time entries.
• Live totals : See the crews hours in real time. View this by Project, by Employee, by Equipment or by Cost Code to make sure everyone's time has been tagged to where it should be and to make sure the team is on track.
• Daily Sign Off : See the crews daily sign off reports, easily stay on top of injuries and time inaccuracies.
• Pay Period Report : See the pay period totals for each employee on your crew and whether they've been signed by the employee or the supervisor.
We now support clocking in multiple employees that each operate different equipment at the same time.
We also now support 6 minute time rounding intervals for those companies that want to round time to the tenth of an hour.
As always, we've worked hard to fix bugs and improve performance.
2019.5 introduces a new versioning to help everyone better follow along with our continuous updates!
As the 5th major release of 2019 this feature has several exciting new features :
Scheduling Notifications. We've provided a new control when scheduling employees to optionally notify them of their new schedule. Simply check the "Notify" checkbox to keep everyone up to date.
"Started After" and "Ended After" reports have been added to the Employee Analysis Reports. These reports let you quickly see who clocked in late and who stayed clocked in after hours. The default time is the company's default start and end times, but these times can be changed in the reports settings.
"With Description" has been added to the "Time Card Analysis" Report. This report will show you all the time entries that have been recorded with a description.
The powerful Photos & Notes features you've grown to love on iOS are also available on the web with a matching chronological feed, gallery view, and powerful import and export options. Filtering by date range, project, and employee can help you properly document your jobsite on the go and take care of issues from the office.
• Pro customers can now view location updates for an employee in location history.
• Breadcrumbs are only captured when the employee is clocked in and not on break.
Distance from Project
• View the distance from the project geofence in location history.
• New Time Card Analysis for all entries with at least one location outside of project geofence.
Clocked into Project
• View the number of employees clocked into a project on the project landing page.
Require an employee to be within a project’s, or subproject’s, geofence boundary before being allowed to clock in.
Perform a “Switch At” if you forgot to switch jobs, cost codes, or equipment earlier in the day.
• New top level report that shows the overall budget for the entire company.
• Performance improvements
Area-Based Reminder Improvements
• Clock-in reminders are more reliable.
• Clock-out reminders are now based on the users current clock-in location.
• There are now an option to remember the Project, Cost Code, or Equipment from the last Time Entry.
• There are options for Area-Based Reminders.
- App Store Review Solicitation
- Equipment Hour Meter
- Universal Maps
1) Group Permissions
- Employee positions can now be filtered to only include other employees in their group. This is perfect for companies that have multiple work crews. Each group can only see the employees they have permission for in their group.
- To get started :
- Add Employees to Groups
- Set "Limit Permissions to Groups" in company settings under each position you want to limit.
- Assign the group-restricted positions to the employees in the group.
2) Timecard Analysis reports
- This new report will help you quickly find exceptions in your time entries. Filter this report by any date range, and also add employee or project filters.
- Quickly find time entries with :
- No clock in location
- No clock out location
- No project
- No cost code
- No equipment
- Once you've selected a category you can see which dates and which employees have time entries that match the criteria. You can then view individual entries OR take actions on all of the entries that match the criteria.
- This report is accessible in the reports section. But the report is also accessible when viewing any list of time entries from any section of the app.
3) Employee Analysis reports
- This new report will help you quickly find exceptions to employees. You can filter this report by any date range, and also add an employee filter.
- Quickly find employees that have:
- Injuries reported
- Incorrect time reported
- 10+ hour days
- No-break days (Employees worked that day, but didn't take a break)
- This report is also accessible in the reports section of the app. Additionally this report is accessible when looking at existing reports within the app.
4) Individual project and employee views have been redesigned!
- Easily take common actions
- View Total Hours & Cost without opening a new report
5) Positions Added to Phone
- Editing positions can now be viewed and managed from your phone, no need to access the web. Access from "Settings" -> "Company Settings" -> "Positions".
- Customize Employee Positions
- Add new Positions
- Manage permissions and determine who can see what data.
6) Minimum App Version
Set a minimum app version for your company. Set the version in "Settings" -> "Company Settings". Selecting a version will allow employees 5 grace uses while reminding them to update their app version. This can be used to ensure each employee has access to any recently released features required by the company admin.
1) Big improvements to maps and GPS.
- Map reports can now show active employees, projects, and equipment on the same map
- New GPS Settings can be set per employee to one of the following settings:
- Require GPS be enabled on Clock In and Clock Out
- Use GPS When Available (default)
- Turn GPS Off Entirely for all Time Actions
- Tapping on a Project on the map show everyone Clocked In to the project
2) Adds support for adding cost codes scoped to a project
- New Company Setting to enable project scoped cost codes
- Easily add entire groups of cost codes to projects
- Project Selection directly drops into cost code selection for more reliable user reporting
- Scope a projects work to just the cost codes required for the job
3) Improvements to our Daily Sign Off feature
- Safety Sign Off can now leave a description
- Time Reported as Inaccurate now includes a link to the employees time entries for the day, making edits is even easier now.
1) Scheduling! Now you can keep your team better organized by creating schedules for each employee. Pre-assign projects, cost codes, equipment or even just Clock In and Clock Out times. Provide as much or as little information on each schedule item as needed, and employees can flexibly add additional information.
- Quickly create a schedule for multiple employees at once.
- Copy an existing scheduled item and change any details.
- Move a scheduled item to the next day.
- Schedule breaks & work times.
- Enter Instructions that employees can view, including tappable links for addresses, websites, phone numbers, and calendar events.* Schedule multiple days at once.
- Schedule ANY employee you have permissions to manage time for. Our scheduling was designed to make employees' lives better. And so it’s even easier for employees to track their time accurately.
- Scheduled items are flexible and can be clocked into in any order (in case work on the job site changes).
- Scheduled items give employees alerts on their phones to remember to clock in, switch, take a break, and clock out.
- Scheduled items also include the ability to see job site locations, so employees can quickly find where they are scheduled to work.
- Employees can toggle alerts on or off in their reminders settings.
2) Customizable Start and End times for the company! Set default start and end times in your company settings and save yourself time every time you are creating a manual time entry or scheduling an employee. Also, set a default break duration so creating manual time entries is even easier! These custom times are just the pre-filled times when creating a time entry. Anyone can still adjust as needed.
1) Photo Improvements! Photos from all projects can now be viewed in the new photos feed. This new chronological photo feed helps surface photo notes, upload details, and project tags so you can better see what’s going on across the entire company. Additional Photo & Notes improvements include :
- View Photo Feed filtered by a single project
- View Photo Feed filtered by a single employee
- Swipe on photo collections to easily see each photo uploaded
- Expand notes to see the full notes below photos
- View All Photos quickly through the new gallery view
- Export multiple photos easily through the gallery view!
- Upload a note without a photo
- Better UI for showing which photos are still uploading
- Better performance!
2) Daily Sign Off! Our safety sign off feature has been upgraded to be a Daily Sign Off. Enable questions to be asked when users clock out to capture documentation from your employees regarding safety on the job site AND whether their time is accurate. Daily Sign off Includes :
- Company Settings to enable and customize either question, including question disclaimer text.
- Employees can leave comments on why their time isn’t accurate on clock out (“I forgot to clock in - arrived at 630am checked in with John”).
- Answers to Safety and Time Accuracy can be viewed in the Daily Sign Off Report.
- Supervisors can still clock out employees and collect employee answers to safety and time accuracy whenever possible.
- “Signing off” on other employee’s devices is supported through employees providing a signature.
- Employees signing off on their own phone logged in with their username and password can sign off with just one button press.
- Multiple daily sign-offs supported for multiple clock out use cases.
3) Labor Burden Updates! Activity reports and budgets have been updated to include support for our Labor Burden feature. Setting labor burdens for each employee will now include labor burden costs in the total cost displayed in the activity reports. Labor burden costs can also be viewed in isolation by choosing “Labor Burden” from the drop-down menu in activity reports. Labor burden costs are also included in the budget “actual costs” calculations.
Offers several new features that will change the way you and your team track time and other jobsite data. busybusy’s new features are the results of a dedicated customer base that help us understand the complexity and details of construction time management.
1) Supervisor Signatures - Now supervisors can sign off on hours for an existing employees pay period by signing the employee.
2) Safety Sign Off - Companies can now easily document whether an employee was injured or not daily.
- When Safety Sign Off is enabled, each employee must select an option Yes/No they were injured when they attempt to clock out.
- This feature also includes a new report that shows all of the employees you have the permission to manage time for and whether they've signed off for the day.
- Previous days can be viewed. For each employee, more detail can be viewed. You can see the actual signature, as well as which device was used for the signature, including the date and time.
3) Time Entry CSV Export - You can now export time entries on a mobile device. Additionally, this feature includes the ability to customize the CSV Export options. This feature saves office admin and payroll experts from having to customize time data after a CSV is exported. With this new feature you can customize your CSV’s:- hours duration format- date entry format- column names
4) Advanced CSV Export Settings - You can now enjoy changing options and exporting custom CSVs from the reports section of the busybusy mobile app. Easily customize your exports:- hours duration format- date entry format- column names
1) Updated Dashboard and Activity Reports
- Activity Reports have been added to the Dashboard
- Activity Reports for the current week are now available to free users
- Tab selections on the dashboard now persist between launches. Helping you quickly launch right back to the Clock, Time Cards, or Reports tab you were last using.
- Activity Reports also now remember your selections between launches helping you get right back to the date range, report type, and data sets you last looked at.
- Activity reports with date ranges greater than 3 months have received massive performance increases.
2) Need to make multiple time edits?
- You can now edit multiple time entries at the same time for a single employee in the Time Cards section.
- Use the Activity Reports Details section to edit multiple time entries for multiple employees, projects, cost codes, and equipment at the same time.
3) New Time Rounding! Keep your time entries simple to deal with.
- All actions and edits will be rounded
- Time Entry Logs show the unrounded time for full transparency
- Enable time rounding in Settings > Company > Time Rounding
- Choose rounding interval :
- 5 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- Choose rounding type :
- Always Round Down
- Always Round Up
- Employee Favorable (Round down on clock in, Round up on clock out
1) Clock-in and Clock-out reminders. A simple feature to help you never forget to clock-in or clock-out again.
- Set repeating reminders for each day of the week
- Customize reminders with Project, Cost Code, and Equipment pre-selected
- Take action right from the notification.
- Optionally view details before taking action
- And more…Just go to busybusy -> Settings -> Reminders and press the “+” button to get started.
1) Added filter Activity Reports by group.
2) Added Activity Report CSV export functionality.
3) Added Activity Report by subproject
*We respect your privacy. Your data is never shared, sold, or used for any marketing purposes, whatsoever. *Please note that GPS is used to obtain accurate clock in/out locations. In order to provide accurate locations, GPS operates for a short duration in the background after pressing clock in/out. Only the clock in/out, start break, and stop break locations are recorded. *Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.