Set weekly schedules for your employees with ease from your busybusy app or desktop! With the new web redesign, you can quickly create schedules for multiple days by highlighting the days with your mouse. You can also move set schedules to different days by clicking and dragging them to new days.
Once the schedule has been set, employees can go to "Schedule" on their dashboard to view their personal schedule and clock in, clock out, and switch projects according to that schedule.
Now, let's get into the details on how to schedule their time...
How to Schedule Work
- From your Main Menu, go to Scheduling on your left hand side. You will be taken to the default monthly view of the scheduler.
- Select "Schedule Work" at the top left of the screen.
- Check the "Multiple Days" box at the top to select more than one day. (optional)
- Enter the scheduled work date in the Date field. (if the multiple days box is selected, enter the "Start" and "End" dates of the scheduled work.)
- The company's default start and stop time will automatically be selected. Simply click on each field to change the scheduled start/stop times. (To change your companies default start/stop times, go to Company Settings>>Time Keeping>>Default Entry Times)
- Select the Employee field to select one employee to add to this schedule. Select the + icon on the right to select more than one employee. Select the X next to their names to remove them from the schedule or click on their names to replace them with another employee.
- Select the color you want to highlight the schedule on the calendar view to easily differentiate schedules.
- Select the project where the assigned employees will be scheduled to work at. (If you use subprojects, be sure to select the > icon on the right of the project's name to select a specific subproject. If you don't want to select a specific subproject, you can simply select the main project's name.)
- Select the "Cost Code" you want employees to clock into. (this field will be hidden if your company has Cost Codes turned off)
- (optional) Select the "Equipment" you want employees to clock into. (this field will be hidden if your company has Equipment turned off)
- Type in the scope of work in the "Instructions" field. (optional)
- Check the "Notify Employees" box to send out a push notification to the assigned employees.
- Select "Create"
(Create Breaks using the same steps above)
- Quickly schedule multiple work/break days in the "Monthly" view by clicking and highlighting all the days you want to schedule work/break for, then select which one of the two you want to schedule.
- In the "Monthly" view of the calendar, you can also create a work schedule by double clicking in the center of the cell for the desired day.
How to Move an Existing Schedule to a Different Day?
- In the "Monthly" view of the calendar, click and drag the existing schedule to the new desired day. The schedule will be edited from the day it was on to the new day it was placed in.
- To move a schedule that spans more than one day, begin by highlighting the start of the schedule to the end of the schedule. (when highlighting the start date, be sure not to click on the actual schedule but any part of the cell that's empty.) A pop up box will appear with different options, select "Copy" Now double click on the new desired start date you want the schedule to begin on and select "Paste" in the pop up box.
How to Delete Schedules?
- Select the existing schedule>>select the Trash bin icon to delete it. (this deletes one schedule at a time)
- To delete multiple schedules, begin by highlighting the start of the schedule to the end of the schedule you're trying to delete. (when highlighting the start date, be sure not to click on the actual schedule but any part of the cell that's empty.) A pop up box will appear with different options, select "Delete All Selected Items" and confirm the deletion.
Tip: Filter schedules by Employee, Project, and (Cost Codes/Equipment if they are enabled in Company Settings) to quickly show a specific schedule in the Monthly view to quickly delete them all.
How to Edit Schedules?
- Select the existing schedule>>select the pencil icon to edit the selected schedule.
Note: You can't edit multiple schedules at once, if you made a mistake while creating a schedule that spans more than one day, its best to delete the schedule and re-enter it.
How to Filter Schedules?
- Use the Filter Toggle on the top right to hide/show the filter section. Filter schedules by Employee, Project, and Cost Codes/Equipment if they are enabled in Company Settings.
- From your Main Menu, go to Scheduling
- Click the + on the upper right side
- Choose type (work/break) and set date, start and end times, project details, and assign to employee(s)
- Select "Done"
With any further Questions or Comments, please feel free to contact our Customer Service Team.
For Live Chat, click on the chat icon on the lower right of this screen.
Prefer speaking to us? We'd love to hear your voice! Give us a call at 855-287-9287